- 8-18 Stainless Steel adhesive backed foil tape 2" X 2".
- Stranded cable, from 1-12 feet in length (12’ standard).
- Available with a Maxim DS18B20 or DS18S20 sensor.
- Optional RJ12 plug.
- Uses 1-Wire communication protocol.
- Compatible with all EDS and Maxim 1-Wire bus masters.
- Chemical and water resistant.
- No external power required, or can be optionally powered for faster operation.
- Automatic unique device addressing.
- Applications Include thermostatic controls, industrial systems, consumer products, thermometers, or any thermally sensitive system.
The OW-TEMP-xF-xx temperature sensors are designed for general-purpose temperature measurement applications in the temperature range of -55 to 125ºC. It is constructed of 8-18 Stainless Steel for durability and is adhesive backed for attachment to flat surfaces or pipes. The OW-TEMP-xF-xx has good chemical resistance properties to acids, alkalies, ketones, esters, allphatics, aromatics, and outdoor exposure. The cable used is constructed of TPE based materials for both the outer jacket and inner conductor insulation. It is particularly suited for harsh environments, and offers excellent resistance to high and low temperatures, oil, gasoline, and sunlight exposure. The sensor should not be immersed in liquid, as it is not waterproof.
The probe is directly compatible with all Embedded Data Systems and Maxim 1-Wire bus masters, as well as our OneSix server software and the freely available TMEX drivers. For complete documentation on the embedded DS18B20 and DS18S20 sensors, please refer to the manufacturer’s DS18B20 and DS18S20 data sheets.
The RJ12 pin outs are as follows:
- Pin 3: 1-Wire Signal, Blue
- Pin 4: Common (GND), White & Power (VDD), Orange (parasitic mode)
Our standard OW-TEMP-xF-xx sensor has a 12 foot long cable. With minimum orders we can manufacture the foil temperature sensor to a variety of specifications, including foil tape size, length of cable, with / without RJ12 plugs, etc. Please contact us for a custom quote.