- Provides sensor data over the LAN without requiring an internet connection.
- Real-Time Graphing and Logging through Web Browsers.
- Searches for active devices every 2 seconds.
- Firmware can be flash upgraded from remote.
- Manages concurrent client connections safely and reliably.
- Debugging functionality helps simplify software integration.
- 3 separate 1-Wire networks providing robust communication.
- Automatically provides smart strong-pull-up for 1-Wire sensors.
- Reports the 1-Wire network connected to each device.
- Automatic short detection on 1-Wire networks.
- 1-Wire MicroLan capacity of 1000 feet of cable, 22 devices*.
- ESD Protection more than 27kV (IEC801-2 Reference Model.) on the 1-Wire bus.
- LED indicators for Ethernet link/activity, power, and 1-Wire activity.
- Easy Installation.
- ABS enclosure.
- Low Cost.
The OW-SERVER is an inexpensive Ethernet to 1-Wire interface that is designed to efficiently monitor and control 1-Wire devices. The OW-SERVER will allow you to use industry standard Ethernet or WiFi products (switches, hubs, etc.) to build the backbone of your 1-Wire based sensor / control system. This provides several important benefits: First, 1-Wire networks can be easily distributed over great distances without having to deal with the challenges associated with the installation of physically large 1-Wire networks. By distributing the 1-Wire networks, the individual 1-Wire MicroLans can be kept to a smaller physical size, thereby improving responsiveness/reliability and decreasing installation costs. Second, since the OW-SERVER communicates over standard Ethernet, you can take advantage of existing corporate LANs, WLAN, the Internet, and in-house MIS expertise for building out and maintaining the backbone of your sensor network.
The OW-SERVER has been designed in such a way to minimize the amount of network resources needed to monitor 1-Wire devices. It maintains the latest readings of its 1-Wire devices which are updated every 2 seconds. This enables the OW-SERVER to deliver a current reading without waiting for a time intensive temperature conversion (or other conversion) to be performed. Also, the OW-SERVER is designed to push data when a user defined alarm occurs via SNMP traps. This significantly reduces the necessary polling rate for many applications while still supplying assurance that any problem will be detected in a timely manner.
A number of Ethernet protocols are used by the OW-SERVER including HTTP and SNMP. The HTTP interface provides a simple means to configure the OW-SERVER, 1-Wire sensors and collect real-time sensor data. The real-time data is presented in a number of ways including:
Overview Page Screenshot
Overview Page - containing primary attributes (e.g. ROM Id, Device Type, Temperature Readings) of each sensor, a graph of all the sensors with the user selected value (e.g. Temperature, Humidity, Light Level, Latch State) and a "Download" button for exporting the graph's data in a CSV format.
OW-ENV Sensor Page Screenshot
Sensor Pages - includes all of the sensor's data, a graph of up to three user selected sensor values and a "Download" button for exporting the graph's data in a CSV format.
Advanced Details Page Screenshot
Advanced Details Page - contains all of the data from the connected sensors. AJAX techniques automatically updates the information insuring the data being displayed is current.
The HTTP POST capability allows the OW-SERVER to transmit sensor data at a specified rate to a specified URL. This simplifies collecting sensor data when the OW-SERVER is deployed behind a firewall.
The SNMP interface is divided into 3 sections: edsEnterprise, owTrap and owDevices. The edsEnterprise section presents basic product information, such as name and version. The owTrap section is where you define the IP address the trap should be sent, the high alarm, low alarm, and the hysteresis. The owDevices section data similar to the Overview and Devices webpage.
The OW-SERVER is ideal for many applications which include:
- Server Room Monitoring
- SCADA Systems
The OW-SERVER currently supports the following 1-Wire devices:
Embedded Data Systems Devices
- OW-ENV-TH - Temperature / Humidity Sensor with Optional Relay
- OW-ENV-THPL - Temperature / Humidity / Pressure / Light Sensor with Optional Relay
- OW-ENV-TL - Temperature / Light Sensor with Optional Relay
- OW-ENV-TP - Temperature / Pressure Sensor with Optional Relay
- OW-ENV-TR - Temperature Sensor with Relay
- OW-IO-AI4 - Quad Analog Input 4-20mA & 0-10V
- OW-IO-AI8 - Octal Analog Input 4-20mA & 0-10V
- OW-IO-DIO8 - Octal Discrete Input & Output
- OW-RTD4W - 1-Wire Interface for 4-Wire RTD with Optional Relay
- OW-TEMP-B3-12A - DS18B20 Temperature Probe with Optional RJ12 Plug
- OW-TEMP-BF-12 - Foil Tape DS18B20 Temperature Sensor with Optional RJ12 Plug
- OW-TEMP BW-12 - Wall Mount DS18B20 Temperature Sensor with Optional RJ12 Plug
- OW-TEMP-S3-12 - DS18S20 Temperature Probe with Optional RJ12 Plug
- OW-TEMP-SF-12 - Foil Tape DS18S20 Temperature with Optional RJ12 Plug
- OW-TEMP SW-12 - Wall Mount DS18S20 Temperature Sensor with Optional RJ12 Plug
- OW-VIB - Vibration Monitor with Optional Relay
- DS18B20 - 12 Bit Temperature Sensor
- DS18S20 - 9 Bit Temperature Sensor
- DS2406 - Dual Addressable Switch
- DS2408 - 8 Channel Addressable Switch
- DS2423 - 2 Channel Counter
- DS2438 - Battery Monitor with Temperature and A/D
- DS2450 - Quad A/D Converter
- DS28EA00 - Thermometer with Sequence Detect and PIO
* The number of supported devices was reduced to 22 with the release of firmware version 1.34.