- Submersible, rugged, wide temperature range probe suitable for use in harsh environments.
- 3 inch 304 stainless steel probe.
- 1 foot stranded cable.
- Standard with Maxim DS18B20 sensor.
- Uses 1-Wire communication protocol.
- Chemical resistant and waterproof steel probe and cable.
- Automatically configures the VDD pin to the correct state.
- No external power required, or can be optionally powered for faster operation.
- Automatic unique device addressing.
The OW-TEMP-B3-1M8A temperature probe is designed for wide temperature range applications. The cable used is constructed of TPE based materials for both the outer jacket and inner conductor insulation. It is particularly suited for harsh environments, and offers excellent resistance to high and low temperatures, oil, gasoline, and sunlight exposure. All of this results in a robust sensor which can be submerged beyond the top of the steel probe.
The sensor is equipped with a DS18B20 1-Wire temperature sensor embedded into the probe. In manufacturing the temperature probe a special process is used which insures the internal sensor is thermally coupled to the steel tube wall; this helps insure rapid thermal response to changing conditions.
The probe is designed to make the installation process as fast and error free as possible. The 1-Wire probe will automatically identify whether external power is being supplied to the VDD pin and then configure the sensor appropriately.
For complete documentation on the embedded DS18B20 sensor, please refer to the manufacturer’s DS18B20 spec sheet.
|Accuracy (-10ºC to +85ºC)
|Accuracy (-55ºC to +125ºC)
|Resolution (DS18B20) - Programmable
|Dimensions (body diameter)
The female M8 connector pin outs are as follows:
- Pin 1: Common (GND), White
- Pin 3: 1-Wire Signal, Blue
- Pin 4: Ext. Power (VDD), Orange, (connection not required)