- 4096 bits of read/write nonvolatile memory.
- 256-bit scratchpad ensures integrity of data transfer.
- Memory partitioned into 256-bit pages for packetizing data.
- Data integrity assured with strict read/write protocols.
- Operating temperature range from -40°C to +70°C.
- Over 10 years of data retention.
Common iButton Features
- Digital Identification and Information by Momentary Contact.
- Unique, Factory-Lasered and Tested 64-Bit Registration Number (8-Bit Family Code + 48-Bit Serial Number + 8-Bit CRC Tester) - Assures Absolute Traceability Because no Two Parts are alike.
- Multidrop Controller for 1-Wire Net.
- Chip-Based Data Carrier Compactly Stores Information.
- Data Can be Accessed While Affixed to Object.
- Button Shape is Self-Aligning with Cup-Shaped Probes.
- Durable Stainless Steel Case Engraved with Registration Number Withstands Harsh Environments.
- Easily Affixed with Self-Stick Adhesive Backing, Latched by its Flange, or Locked with a Ring Pressed Onto its Rim.
- Presence Detector Acknowledges When Reader First Applies Voltage.
- Meets UL#913 (4th Edit.). Intrinsically Safe Apparatus: Approved Under Entity Concept for Use in Class I, Division 1, Group A, B, C and D Locations (application pending).
The DS1993 iButton is a rugged read/write data carrier that acts as a localized database, easily accessible with minimal hardware. The nonvolatile memory and optional timekeeping capability offer a simple solution to storing and retrieving vital information pertaining to the object to which the iButton is attached. Data is transferred serially through the 1-Wire protocol that requires only a single data lead and a ground return.
The scratchpad is an additional page that acts as a buffer when writing to memory. Data is first written to the scratchpad where it can be read back. After the data has been verified, a copy scratchpad command transfers the data to memory. This process ensures data integrity when modifying the memory. A 48-bit serial number is factory lasered into each DS1993 to provide a guaranteed unique identity that allows for absolute traceability. The durable MicroCan package is highly resistant to environmental hazards such as dirt, moisture, and shock. Its compact coin-shaped profile is self-aligning with mating receptacles, allowing the DS1993 to be easily used by human operators. Accessories permit the DS1993 to be mounted on almost any surface including plastic key fobs, photo-ID badges, and PC boards.
- Access control
- Work-in-progress tracking
- Electronic travelers
- Storage of calibration constants
- Debit tokens.
----- Our Intention Is To Never Be Undersold -----
If you find a lower price, please give us the opportunity to match or beat it!