- 4096 bits Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM)
- Overdrive mode boosts communication speed to 142 kbits per second
- 256-bit scratchpad ensures integrity of data transfer
- Memory partitioned into 256-bit pages for packetizing data
- Reduces control, address, data and power to a single data pin
- 8-bit family code specifies DS1973 communication requirements to reader
- Reads and writes over a wide voltage range of 2.8V to 6.0V from -40°C to +85°C
Common iButton Features
- Digital Identification and Information by Momentary Contact.
- Unique, Factory-Lasered and Tested 64-Bit Registration Number (8-Bit Family Code + 48-Bit Serial Number + 8-Bit CRC Tester) - Assures Absolute Traceability Because no Two Parts are alike.
- Multidrop Controller for 1-Wire Net.
- Chip-Based Data Carrier Compactly Stores Information.
- Data Can be Accessed While Affixed to Object.
- Button Shape is Self-Aligning with Cup-Shaped Probes.
- Durable Stainless Steel Case Engraved with Registration Number Withstands Harsh Environments.
- Easily Affixed with Self-Stick Adhesive Backing, Latched by its Flange, or Locked with a Ring Pressed Onto its Rim.
- Presence Detector Acknowledges When Reader First Applies Voltage.
- Meets UL#913 (4th Edit.). Intrinsically Safe Apparatus: Approved Under Entity Concept for Use in Class I, Division 1, Group A, B, C and D Locations (application pending).
The DS1973 4Kb EEPROM iButton is a rugged read/write data carrier that identifies and stores relevant information about the product or person to which it is attached. This information can be accessed with minimal hardware, for example a single port pin of a micro-controller. The DS1973 consists of a factory-lasered registration number that includes a unique 48-bit serial number, an 8-bit CRC, and an 8-bit Family Code (23H) plus 4096 bits of EEPROM. The power to program and read the DS1973 is derived entirely from the 1-Wire communication line. The memory is organized as sixteen pages of 256 bits each. The 64-bit registration number provides a guaranteed unique identity which allows for absolute traceability. Data is transferred serially via the 1-Wire protocol which requires only a single data lead and a ground return. The durable MicroCan package is highly resistant to harsh environments such as dirt, moisture, and shock. Its compact button-shaped profile is self-aligning with cup-shaped receptacles, allowing the DS1973 to be used easily by human operators or automatic equipment. Accessories permit the DS1973 to be mounted on printed circuit boards, plastic key fobs, photo-ID badges, ID bracelets, and many other objects.
- Work-in-progress tracking
- Electronic travelers
- Access control
- Storage of calibration constants.
----- Our Intention Is To Never Be Undersold -----
If you find a lower price, please give us the opportunity to match or beat it!