- Highly accurate Temperature, Humidity and Barometric Pressure Sensors.
- Globally unique 64-Bit serial number.
- Updates temperature data every 2 seconds.
- Updates relative humidity, dew point, humidex, and heat index readings every second.
- Updates hPa/millibars and inches of mercury data every second.
- Updates light data readings 4 times per second.
- Supports Conditional Search command, with user-definable conditions.
- Uses 1-Wire communication protocol.
- Compatible with all EDS and Maxim 1-Wire bus masters.
- Pass-through connector for easy daisy-chaining of sensors.
- Optional Latching Relay may be controlled independently or change due to alarm status.
- LED may be controlled independently or change due to alarm status.
- Applications include thermostatic controls, industrial systems, consumer products, thermometers, or any temperature/humidity/light/barometric pressure sensitive system.
The EDS 1-Wire Temperature / Humidity / Barometeric Pressure / Light Sensor, OW-ENV-THPL, offers an innovative way to easily monitor and control temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, and light in indoor environments. The wall mount sensor features high accuracy temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure sensors; in addition to a light sensor, an LED, conditional search support, and a pass-through 1-Wire connection. Together these features offer an efficient and flexible system for monitoring the temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, and light levels at one or more locations within a building.
The sensor was specifically designed for easy communications. Any general purpose 1-Wire host adapter* should be capable of reading data from the sensor.
The conditional search support allows the 1-Wire host adapter to quickly identify the alarm status for numerous parameters; and the LED and optional latching relay can be configured to behave in a variety of ways, including:
- Activate when an alarm parameter is met and deactivate when the alarm byte is cleared
- Activate when an alarm parameter is met and deactivate when readings return to normal range
- Controlled independent of alarm status.
The LED and optional relay response times are extremely fast; the sensors are able to respond appropriately (activate fan/alarm siren/etc) even before the monitoring application is aware an alarm has been triggered. Since, the EDS Environmental Sensor line's alarm functions can operate independently of the 1-Wire host adapter the sensor may be used as a standalone Thermostat, Humidistat and Pressurestat.
- OW-ENV-THPL - Temperature/Humidity/Barometric Pressure/Light
- OW-ENV-THPLR - Temperature/Humidity/Barometric Pressure/Light/Relay
* Tested models include the HA7Net, OW-SERVER, HA2, HA3, HA4B, HA5, HA7E, HA7S, DS9490R#, DS9097U, and LinkUSB.