• 1024-bits EPROM
• EPROM partitioned into four 256-bit pages
• Each page can be permanently write-protected
• Add-only memory allows additions to EPROM without disturbing existing data
• Control, address, data, and power signals reduced to a single data pin
• 2.8V to 6.0V range
• -40°C to +85°C range
• >10 years data retention
Common iButton Features
• Digital Identification and Information by Momentary Contact.
• Unique, Factory-Lasered and Tested 64-Bit Registration Number (8-Bit Family Code + 48-Bit Serial Number + 8-Bit CRC Tester) - Assures Absolute Traceability Because no Two Parts are alike.
• Multidrop Controller for 1-Wire Net.
• Chip-Based Data Carrier Compactly Stores Information.
• Data Can be Accessed While Affixed to Object.
• Button Shape is Self-Aligning with Cup-Shaped Probes.
• Durable Stainless Steel Case Engraved with Registration Number Withstands Harsh Environments.
• Easily Affixed with Self-Stick Adhesive Backing, Latched by its Flange, or Locked with a Ring Pressed Onto its Rim.
• Presence Detector Acknowledges When Reader First Applies Voltage.
• Meets UL#913 (4th Edit.). Intrinsically Safe Apparatus: Approved Under Entity Concept for Use in Class I, Division 1, Group A, B, C and D Locations (application pending).
This is a flexibly programmable database for storing information about a product, piece of equipment, or person or for one-way counting down. Like all iButtons, the DS1982 has a unique serial number for associating a digital address with an object or person and a 1-Wire interface. The port interface provides both the physical link and handles the communication protocols that enable the processor to access iButton resources with simple commands.
The DS1982's particular feature is 1 Kb user-programmable EPROM. The EPROM may be programmed multiple times in incremental add-ons that change individual bits from 1 to 0; alternatively, the entire 1 Kb of memory can be programmed at once and then write-protected. This count-down type of memory usage is useful for debit tokens. By means of iButton accessories, the DS1982 can be mounted to make read/write access convenient to the application.
*Customers outside the European Union may receive non RoHS units. (These units are the same in form and function, except they do not conform to European Union RoHS standards.)*
----- Our Intention Is To Never Be Undersold -----
If you find a lower price, please give us the opportunity to match or beat it!