• 4096 bits Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM)
• Overdrive mode boosts communication speed to 142 kbits per second
• 256-bit scratchpad ensures integrity of data transfer
• Memory partitioned into 256-bit pages for packetizing data
• Reduces control, address, data and power to a single data pin
• 8-bit family code specifies DS1973 communication requirements to reader
• Reads and writes over a wide voltage range of 2.8V to 6.0V from -40°C to +85°C
Common iButton Features
• Digital Identification and Information by Momentary Contact.
• Unique, Factory-Lasered and Tested 64-Bit Registration Number (8-Bit Family Code + 48-Bit Serial Number + 8-Bit CRC Tester) - Assures Absolute Traceability Because no Two Parts are alike.
• Multidrop Controller for 1-Wire Net.
• Chip-Based Data Carrier Compactly Stores Information.
• Data Can be Accessed While Affixed to Object.
• Button Shape is Self-Aligning with Cup-Shaped Probes.
• Durable Stainless Steel Case Engraved with Registration Number Withstands Harsh Environments.
• Easily Affixed with Self-Stick Adhesive Backing, Latched by its Flange, or Locked with a Ring Pressed Onto its Rim.
• Presence Detector Acknowledges When Reader First Applies Voltage.
• Meets UL#913 (4th Edit.). Intrinsically Safe Apparatus: Approved Under Entity Concept for Use in Class I, Division 1, Group A, B, C and D Locations (application pending).