- Globally unique 64-Bit serial number.
- Updates temperature data every 2 seconds.
- Pass-through connector for easy daisy-chaining of sensors.
- LED may be controlled independently or change due to alarm status.
- Optional Latching Relay may be controlled independently or change due to alarm status.
- Supports Conditional Search command, with user-definable conditions.
- Uses 1-Wire communication protocol.
- Compatible with all EDS and Maxim 1-Wire bus masters.
- Applications include thermostatic controls, industrial systems, consumer products, thermometers, or any thermally sensitive system.
The EDS Temperature Sensor with Relay, OW-ENV-TR, offers an innovative way to easily monitor and control temperature within indoor environments. The wall mount sensor features a high accuracy temperature sensor, as well as an LED, conditional search support, and a pass-through 1-Wire connection. Together these features offer an efficient and flexible system for monitoring the temperature level at one or more locations within a building.
The sensor was specifically designed for easy communications. Any general purpose 1-Wire host adapter* should be capable of reading data from the sensor.
The conditional search support allows the 1-Wire host adapter to quickly identify the alarm status for numerous parameters; and the LED and optional latching relay can be configured to behave in a variety of ways, including:
- Activate when an alarm parameter is met and deactivate when the alarm byte is cleared.
- Activate when an alarm parameter is met and deactivate when readings return to normal range./li>
- Controlled independent of alarm status.
The LED and optional relay response times are extremely fast; the sensors are able to respond appropriately (activate fan/alarm siren/etc) even before the monitoring application is aware an alarm has been triggered. Since, the EDS Temperature Sensor's alarm functions can operate independently of the 1-Wire host adapter the sensor can be used as a standalone Thermostat.
- OW-ENV-TR - Temperature/Relay
* Tested models include the HA7Net, OW-SERVER, HA2, HA3, HA4B, HA5, HA7E, HA7S, DS9490R#, DS9097U, and LinkUSB™