• 4096 bits of read/write nonvolatile memory.
• 256-bit scratchpad ensures integrity of data transfer.
• Memory partitioned into 256-bit pages for packetizing data.
• Data integrity assured with strict read/write protocols.
• Contains real-time clock/calendar in binary format.
• Interval timer can automatically accumulate time when power is applied.
• Programmable cycle counter can accumulate the number of system power-on/off cycles.
• Programmable alarms can be set to generate interrupts for interval timer, real-time clock, and/or cycle counter write-protect feature provides tamperproof time data.
• Programmable expiration date that limits access to SRAM and timekeeping.
• Clock accuracy is better than ±2 minutes/month at 25°C.
• Operating temperature range from -40°C to +70°C.
• Over 10 years of data retention.
Common iButton Features
• Digital Identification and Information by Momentary Contact.
• Unique, Factory-Lasered and Tested 64-Bit Registration Number (8-Bit Family Code + 48-Bit Serial Number + 8-Bit CRC Tester) - Assures Absolute Traceability Because no Two Parts are alike.
• Multidrop Controller for 1-Wire Net.
• Chip-Based Data Carrier Compactly Stores Information.
• Data Can be Accessed While Affixed to Object.
• Button Shape is Self-Aligning with Cup-Shaped Probes.
• Durable Stainless Steel Case Engraved with Registration Number Withstands Harsh Environments.
• Easily Affixed with Self-Stick Adhesive Backing, Latched by its Flange, or Locked with a Ring Pressed Onto its Rim.
• Presence Detector Acknowledges When Reader First Applies Voltage.
• Meets UL#913 (4th Edit.). Intrinsically Safe Apparatus: Approved Under Entity Concept for Use in Class I, Division 1, Group A, B, C and D Locations (application pending).
The DS1994 Memory iButton is a rugged read/write data carrier that acts as a localized database, easily accessible with minimal hardware. The nonvolatile memory and optional timekeeping capability offer a simple solution to storing and retrieving vital information pertaining to the object to which the iButton is attached. Data is transferred serially through the 1-Wire protocol that requires only a single data lead and a ground return.
The scratchpad is an additional page that acts as a buffer when writing to memory. Data is first written to the scratchpad where it can be read back. After the data has been verified, a copy scratchpad command transfers the data to memory. This process ensures data integrity when modifying the memory. A 48-bit serial number is factory lasered into each DS1994 to provide a guaranteed unique identity that allows for absolute traceability. The durable MicroCan package is highly resistant to environmental hazards such as dirt, moisture, and shock. Its compact, coin-shaped profile is self-aligning with mating receptacles, allowing the DS1994 to be easily used by human operators. Accessories permit the DS1994 to be mounted on almost any surface including plastic key fobs, photo-ID badges, and PC boards.
The DS1994 also includes time-keeping functions, a real-time clock/calendar, interval timer, cycle counter, and programmable interrupts, in addition to the nonvolatile memory. The internal clock can be programmed to deny memory access based on absolute time/date, total elapsed time, or the number of accesses. These features allow the DS1994 to be used to create a stopwatch, alarm clock, time and date stamp, logbook, hour meter, calendar, system power cycle timer, interval timer, and event scheduler.
----- Our Intention Is To Never Be Undersold -----
If you find a lower price, please give us the opportunity to match or beat it!